Before you go running to your medicine cabinet in your bathroom and grabbing that can of chemical bug spray , consider making your own natural bug repellant using essential oils. This is a recipe that I use during the summer and find very effective. Plus, it is free from deet which is known to cause rashes,soreness, and blistering when applied to skin. Also, herbal bug spray has no harsh chemicals and actually smells good.
Homemade Herbal Bug Spray Recipe
- Fill spray bottle (I used 8 ounce) 1/2 full with distilled or boiled water
- Add witch hazel filling up the rest of the bottle.
- Add 30-50 drops of Ceder (which is a natural bug repellant) you can also add other essential oils to make desired scent. Lavender smells great and it also is good for repelling moths.
- Spray on then go outside and enjoy this nice memorial day weekend .
Other natural repellant ideas
- Apple cider vinegar for fruit flies and gnats
- Basil is good for repelling mosiquitos
- Rub some lavender or dried mint on your body to keep away the bugs!
Remember before you know it we all will be back in heavy winter coats and cable sweaters so, go out enjoy some summer. Have a great Memorial Day!
|not my image|
Images do not belong to Feisty Organics